How To Get Up To $63k Towards A FL Home Purchase This Year
Maximize Florida's Hometown Heroes Program To Save 9%
Florida is incentivizing residents to buy like never before with a whopping 9% ($63k max) towards down payment and closing costs. The program is called Hometown Heroes and it's now available for all FL workers.
Here's what you need to know:
- FL residents get 5% ($35k max) of purchase price towards down payment and closing costs. 5% means the program works up to a $700k home price.
- The loan also allows for a max 4% seller credit back towards closing costs. Most sellers are gladly paying 4% towards closing costs because homes are not selling as easily as they have in the past 5 years. So that could mean a 9% cash savings on buying a home.
Who qualifies? (Always consult a local lender because requirements change frequently):
- FL residents who work in Florida
- People who haven't owned a home in the past 3 years
- Must meet income requirements. Find out if you qualify with one of our preferred lenders (no cost or obligation to buy). Want to see if you qualify? Click here to connect with a local lender.
The market has changed in the past 6 months but these incentives can make housing more affordable during a time where there isn't a lot of competition for homes.