Tips To Prepare Your Home For The Upcoming Freeze
It's COLD and us Florida folk aren't used to this kind of weather...
Here are some tips to prepare your home for the upcoming freeze:
- To keep pipes warm, set your home’s temp to a minimum of 65 degrees.
- To prevent from freezing, open hot and cold faucets enough to let them drip slowly.
- Open cabinet doors to allow warm air to get to pipes under sinks.
- Keep entries to unheated spaces closed as much as possible.
- Keep your fireplace flue closed when you’re not using it.
- Run your swimming pool pump at night to keep the water flowing through the pipes.
- Keep your garage doors closed to prevent weather damage inside.
- If your pipes freeze, do your best to thaw them to keep them from bursting.
- In the case pipes burst, shut off the main water valve immediately.